John A. Frisch, CPA/PFS, CFP® has 25 years experience in the industry. He is a CPA/PFS (Personal Financial Specialist designation) and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professional.
- John founded Alliant (formerly Millennium Capital Management Corp.) in 1995.
- In 1995, John also founded John A Frisch, CPA, PC, which later became Frisch, Ambrosiano & Kontos, PC (“FA&K”). FA&K grew to be the largest CPA firm in Prince William County; in 2005, it was sold to the 12th largest accounting firm in the world.
- From 1992-1995, John was executive vice president of Voss & Co., a Springfield, Virginia discount broker/dealer. He oversaw the firm’s overall operations, encompassing sales, marketing, operations, finance and compliance.
- From 1986-1992, John managed a broker/dealer and supervised the trading and portfolio accounting departments for the Rushmore Group, a $1.5 billion Bethesda, MD mutual fund company. Prior to Rushmore, he was staff accountant for a Maryland-based accounting firm.
Awards & Publications
- Recognized as "Super CPA - Financial Planning Category" by the Virginia Society of CPAs, November 2012
- Graduate, Leadership Prince William, Class of 2011/2012
- Published on the Financial Planning Association’s website, “Until Death Do You Part: Financial Pre-Planning During Marriage”, April 2010
- Recognized as Area’s Top Financial Advisor by Northern Virginia Magazine, April 2009
- Named Small Business of the Year by the Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce, October 2007
- Key Member Award, Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce, 2006
- Certificate of Appreciation, Financial Planning Association, Pro Bono efforts for 9-11 Financial Planning Relief Services, 2006
John is strongly committed to community service. In 2010, John founded the Prince William Financial Institute. This organization was formed to provide networking and education opportunities to experienced financial professionals who serve the residents of Prince William County. In 2007, he was honored that his firm received the Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year award, in recognition for his dedication to the citizens of his community, as well as his pro bono assistance to families who lost loved ones during the 9/11 terrorist attacks. He is a docent at the Pentagon Memorial in Arlington, Virginia. John is also a member of the local advisory board of Branch Bank & Trust Co. ("BB&T"), Finance Committee Member for Prince William Chamber of Commerce and former treasurer and board member of the Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce (the third largest Chamber in the DC metropolitan area), and accountants chair on the steering committee for the Potomac Hospital Capital Campaign.
John holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting and information systems from Geneva College. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Personal Financial Planning division; Financial Planning Association; and the National Association of Tax Practitioners.